What could be causing my child to have problems settling into sleep or waking up during the night?
Your child might have a behavioural sleep problem. These tend to be linked with some inappropriate behaviours around the time your child goes to bed. It means it is hard to get them to go to bed, go to sleep and stay asleep.
What could be causing my child to snore at night, have restless sleep, and wake in the morning not looking refreshed?
There are a lot of things that could cause this:
- Your child may have Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome. They will need to see a paediatric sleep specialist. This is to look at your child’s breathing and sleep.
- Your child may have Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS).
- Your child may have periodic limb movements (PLMS) during sleep.
- This may be due to a parasomnia.
- Your child may have nocturnal seizures.
- Your child may have insomnia.
- Your child may be suffering from delayed sleep phase syndrome (DSPS).
- Your child may be suffering from Narcolepsy
- Your child may have a sleep problem or sleep disorder.